Employment & Training Services offers the On-the-Job Training (OJT) Program for employers in Morris, Sussex and Warren Counties.
The On-the-Job Training (OJT) Program assists employers with the cost of hiring and training a new employee. It is funded through the Federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and administered through the Morris-Sussex-Warren One-Stop Career Centers (Employment & Training) in New Jersey.
The OJT Program enables employers to hire new employees and train them at their place of business while being reimbursed a percentage of the new employee’s wages during training.
The OJT Program is a wise, cost-effective way to staff positions with job-ready, pre-screened applicants.
YOU make the hiring decisions!
OJT is available to private companies and non-profit organizations. OJT is subject to employer eligibility and available funding.
Who Can You Expect?
- Employees with experience and transferable skills
- Individuals seeking to upgrade occupational skills
- Dislocated workers unemployed due to plant closures, relocations and major division layoffs
- Part-time employees looking for full-time work
- Economically disadvantaged people seeking long-term employment
As an employer, you understand all too well the cost of hiring and training new employees.
- Reduces cost of hiring and training.
- Provides pre-screened applicants for your position – you decide who to hire.
- Reimburse you 75% of the hourly wage for a maximum of $5,000.
- Provides employment to workers.
- Workers earn as they learn.
- Workers receive guidance from knowledgeable business staff.
On-the-Job Training (OJT) is a contractual agreement in which the employer must agree to:
- Provide substantive on-the-job training. Training takes place at your location, on your equipment, under your guidelines. The length of training will be determined by the job description, and demonstrated participant skill gaps.
- Pay trainees wages and provide benefits commensurate with other employees doing similar work and with similar experience. OJT trainees are your employees and are subject to your company’s policies.
- Submit trainee evaluations and payroll records to the Employment & Training Counselor for wage reimbursement.
- Continue trainee employment upon successful completion of the OJT training program.
For further information, please contact:
For other business services, call (800) 870-3478 or (973) 285-6880, or email email@example.com.